Self Assessment (Personal Tax) is a system HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) uses to collect Income Tax.
Tax is usually deducted automatically from wages, pensions and savings. People and businesses with other income must report it in a tax return. If you need to send one, you fill it in after the end of the tax year (5 April) it applies to.
If you’re self employed then you will need to tell HMRC about the income you’ve earned and your business expenses. This needs to be included in your self assessment tax return.
You can claim for business expenditure such as mobile phone calls, travel costs and for using your home as an office, but there are literally hundreds of other expenses you may also be able to claim.
We can help you with all of this for an unbeatable fixed fee:
- Deal with all your tax affairs
- Include employment income, pensions, benefits and expenses
- Plus capital gains, investments and rental property
- Complete your tax return and all necessary schedules
- Calculate your tax position
- Send you a full copy and explanatory notes
- File your return online to H M Revenue & Customs
- Deal with the Revenue on your behalf
- Be available for all your tax queries and questions